Red Hot + Blue - A Tribute To Cole Porter
Record Store Day exclusive
Red Hot and Blue is the first in the series of compilation albums from the Red Hot Organization. It features contemporary pop performers reinterpreting the music of Cole Porter, one of the great American songwriters of the early 20th century ...
Red Hot and Blue is the first in the series of compilation albums from the Red Hot Organization. It features contemporary pop performers reinterpreting the music of Cole Porter, one of the great American songwriters of the early 20th century. It was one of the first successful tribute albums and a landmark multimedia project, with contributions from filmmakers, artists and designers in addition to musicians. The money raised went to several ground-breaking AIDS organizations, notably ACT UP and Treatment Action Group (TAG), which were responsible for forcing the government and pharmaceutical companies to release the drugs that now allow people to live with HIV. This is the 30th Anniversary edition of the original album, released in 1990.
A landmark collection pairing the timeless songs of Cole Porter with a who's who of critically acclaimed artists, the 1990 release of Red Hot and Blue was the first broad-based benefit to raise awareness about AIDS in popular culture. This seminal album features memorable recordings by David Byrne, U2, Annie Lennox, The Neville Brothers, Neneh Cherry, Sinéad O'Connor and more. There are also accompanying short films for 18 of the 20 tracks by noted filmmakers such as Wim Wenders, Jonathan Demme, Jim Jarmusch, Neal Jordan, Jean-Baptiste Mondino and many others. The 30th Anniversary Edition has already garnered fantastic early press from Rolling Stone, Esquire and The Guardian with more to come. Re-issued on Red and Blue vinyl in gatefold sleeve.
- I've Got U Under My Skin (Neneh Cherry)
- In The Still of The Night (The Neville Brothers)
- You Do Something To Me (Sinead O'Connor)
- Begin The Beguine (Salif Keita)
- Love For Sale (Fine Young Cannibals)
- Well Did You Evah? (Debbie Harry/Iggy Pop)
- Miss Otis Regrets/Just One Of Those Things (Kirsty MacColl/The Pogues)
- Don't Fence Me In (David Byrne)
- It's All Right With Me (Tom Waits)
- Ev'ry Time We Say Goodbye (Annie Lennox)
- Night And Day (U2)
- I Love Paris (Les Negresses Vertes)
- So In Love (K.D. Lang)
- Who Wants To Be A Millionaire (Thompson Twins)
- Too Darn Hot (Erasure)
- I Get a Kick (Jungle Brothers)
- Down In The Depths (Lisa Stansfield)
- From This Moment On (Jimmy Somerville)
- After You, Who? (Jody Watley)
- Do I Love You (Aztec Camera)
All orders under £50 will be charged £4.95 for posting and packaging
All orders over £50 postage and packaging are FREE
All orders are endeavoured to send out within 24 hours of order, if in stock at the store.
Any order not received within 15 days can at that point be recorded officially ‘missing’ to Royal Mail. In this instance, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We use the CLP bulkwrap range for our vinyl mail orders, very easy to open, 100% recyclable and FSC certified. Featuring impact-buffer-edges, strengthened corners, variable depths for up to six vinyl albums, securely sealed and easy opened
We are currently not shipping outside of the UK